By I.L. Kalikhman
Previously, there has no longer been any paintings that systematically provides the topic of acoustic fish reconnaissance, info all significant facets of utilizing acoustic apparatus in advertisement fish reconnaissance, and gives adequate research of the effectiveness of fish-finding thoughts. Acoustic Fish Reconnaissance responds to this want by way of delivering the 1st assessment of the theoretical and useful facets of acoustic seek, detection, interpretation, and inhabitants estimation for advertisement benefit.This e-book will pay specific realization to the speculation and perform of accounting surveys for quantitative estimation of organic assets and fishing stipulations in conventional fishing components. It additionally analyzes quite a few purposes of acoustic strategy, dependent upon the authors' broad investigations. The textual content contains the result of the applicability of fish-finding tools, and gives tips on the improvement of enhanced acoustic strategies for advertisement fleets.
Read Online or Download Acoustic Fish Reconnaissance (Marine Science) PDF
Best remote sensing & gis books
This monograph offers a unified method of model-based processing for underwater acoustic arrays. using actual types in passive array processing isn't a brand new proposal, however it has been used on a case-by-case foundation, and as such, lacks any unifying constitution. This paintings perspectives all such processing equipment as estimation methods, which then may be unified through treating all of them as a sort of joint estimation according to a Kalman-type recursive processor, which are recursive both in house or time, counting on the appliance.
- Theory of Reflectance and Emittance Spectroscopy
- Mathematical Morphology in Geomorphology and GISci
- Lidar: Range-Resolved Optical Remote Sensing of the Atmosphere (Springer Series in Optical Sciences)
- GIS (Geographic Information Systems Workshop), 1st Edition
- The Geometry of Urban Layouts: A Global Comparative Study
Additional info for Acoustic Fish Reconnaissance (Marine Science)
33) where ni is the number of independent samples, the intensity of which exceeds In and n is the general number of echo signals. 34) that it is possible to decrease the coefﬁcient of recognition by increasing the frequency of repetition of echo signals and length of observation. Lowering of the detecting threshold also can be achieved by using more sophisticated methods of treating the acoustic information received. We would like to demonstrate that, in order to decrease the coefﬁcient of recognition δs, it is practical to use the method of accumulation and averaging of echo signals, which is widely applied in radar of meteorological formations.
In situ target strength observations on haddock, presented at International Council for the Exploration of the Sea, Copenhagen, Denmark CM 1986/B39, 13, 1986 (mimeo). 36. J. , Application of dual-beam acoustic survey technique to limnetic population of juvenile sockeye salmon Oncorhynchus nerka, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 43, 1776, 1986. 37. J. , Comparison of acoustic population estimates of salmon in a lake with a weir count, Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 43, 1373, 1986.
67. , On commercial signiﬁcance of krill aggregations, in Scientiﬁc Committee for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources, Selected Scientiﬁc Papers, Hobart, Australia, WG-EMM-03/31, 9, 2003. 68. I. , Absorption of sound in ﬁsh concentrations, Fisheries, 4, 43, 1973 (in Russian). 69. , Classiﬁcation of echo-signals from ﬁsh concentrations, Fisheries, 6, 48, 1977 (in Russian). 70. , Non-Linear Transformations of Stochastic Processes, Wise, J. , Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1965. 71. J. , The interpretation of ﬂuctuation echo for randomly distributed scatterers, Canadian Journal of Physics, 31, 962, 1953.